Sunday, August 1, 2010

home : sprucing up the boy's room

our boy's room has pretty-much looked the same as the day he moved in, 2+ years ago. with a mild blue and green palette and a hint of sea life all around, it was a lovely place. now that my babe is becoming a boy, i feel the need for some bolder colors. maybe my little guy was telling me something when he accidentally knocked down his lamp and tore the shade.

after a loong nap (thank you sweet boy for allowing your mama to unpack!) i coerced stu into getting the ladder and helping me hang up the nautical flags from our boy's first "cracker jack" sailor birthday.



the change was inspiring. so i hit the worlds most amazing non-existent place.
etsy, i love you, your wonders can rob hours from my day!

check out what i found. i haven't ordered anything yet. i always need to think things over for a while. hopefully what i want is still available when i finally pull the trigger :

both from bexpert for $20 unframed, i love the quirky wording.


from my sparow $89
she lives in paris and also makes this for $39
(shouldn't mama get a little something for all her hard work?)


vinyl wall sticker from circle line studio for $36


created by black baroque for $10 unframed

now, in all honesty, my little guy is less into boats than he is into rockets, planes, guitars, pianos, and any power tool. but hey, i love all things stripey and nauti, so while i still get to pick, i'm going with what i like.

how say ye?
p

1 comment:

  1. Yup, mom still rules his roost for a few more years. ;c)
    P.S. Sometimes, when I check out your delightful blog, this message appears at the top of my screen: "This page is in Estonian. Translate it using Google Toolbar? Not in Estonian? Help us improve." So, this time I helped as requested by stating the obvious.

    ReplyDelete